NABET-CWA/NBCU NEGOTIATIONS - BULLETIN #6
NEW YORK CITY
BULLETIN #6 - March 31, 2023
Negotiations between NABET-CWA and NBCUniversal have been ongoing throughout the past week at 30 Rockefeller Center in New York City.
This fifth round of bargaining concluded this evening, and while considerable progress has been made, the parties were unable to reach mutually acceptable terms and conditions for a successor Master Agreement at this point in time.
The NABET-CWA/NBCU Master Agreement would have expired at 12:00 midnight EDT on March 31st – but the Union and the Company have agreed to a 60-day contract extension, which will run at least through May 30, 2023. The extension agreement is an important development in these negotiations. A contract extension means that all terms and conditions of the Master Agreement remain in full force and effect through the period of the extension. This extension agreement signals that the parties are committed to the process and focused on closing these negotiations in as timely a manner as possible.
During this past week of bargaining, the Union and the Company worked productively on many open issues including, meals, job titles and classifications, daily hire benefits, vacations and personal time off (PTO), ‘travel-only’ provisions and general wage increases.
The parties are exploring dates to resume negotiations during the month of May.
As the process moves forward, please continue to monitor Union websites and be alert for official updates relating to these negotiations as well as mobilization activities.
The NBC NABET-CWA Network Negotiating Committee:
- Local 11: President Lou Marinaro, and Executive Board Member Rob Weiss
- Local 31: Jim Long, Network News EJ, and President Bantu Opiotennione
- Local 41: Executive Board Members Ed Dabrowski, and Doug Webber
- Local 53: President Emeritus Steve Ross, Executive Board Member Tim Stepich, and Warren Stern
- NABET-CWA Sector: President Charlie Braico, Local 11 General Counsel and Advisor to the Bargaining Committee Max Sicherman, Assistant to the Sector President Jodi Fabrizio-Clontz, Kristen Helmstetter, and Nikisha Johnson