Jobs & Internships
WLS - Promotion Producer
23 Nov, 2021
Job ID 884124BR
Location Chicago, Illinois, United States
Business ABC Owned TV Stations
Date posted Nov. 15, 2021
Job Summary:ABC 7 Chicago, WLS Television, an ABC/Disney owned television station and Chicago’s #1 television station is looking for a highly motivated Promotion Producer to produce compelling topical and image promotions, social and digital videos, and PSAs in support of the WLS Promotion team.
The ideal candidate comes with a can-do attitude and the ability to write, edit and shoot compelling TV spots. This individual will inspire the rest of the team with bold, innovative concepts. While the job focuses on creativity, we value team-first players who can communicate effectively and bring a developed sense of responsibility, organization, and proactivity. This is not an entry-level position.
- Conceptualizing and producing high-end station image campaigns, news series promos, PSAs, daily topical news promotion, local programming promotion, sales/marketing campaigns that extend across multiple platforms.
- The ideal candidate should be able to shoot and edit.
- This is a fast-paced work environment. This individual will provide day-to-day promotional support for our News, Programming, and Sales departments.
- Proven track record of creative problem solving and the ability to manage multiple projects at once.
- Minimum of 2 years of promo producing experience preferred
- Must have the proven ability to take an idea from concept to completion, including producing, writing, shooting, and editing.
- Strong organizational skills
- Experience performing well under pressure
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule. Some weekends will be required.
- Ability to edit using Adobe Premiere
- Adobe suite proficiency
- Ability to shoot video using prosumer and DSLR cameras
- Dalet experience a plus
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Bachelor’s degree
Additional Information:WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status or any other basis prohibited by federal, state, or local law. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories, and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
Meteorologist/Reporter - KCNC-TV
News Anchor/MMJ - KCNC-TV
MSJ - KCNC-TV