Requisition #: 22-1177 - Web Producer
Job Overview: This position is responsible for producing content on the company's website(s) including local news, weather, sports, and public information content.
- Writes print stories for websites using such sources as broadcast scripts, Associated Press wire stories, and raw news facts. Distribute original content via social networking sites.
- Create images to appear with stories using an online tool, edit video clips, and post them to the website.
- Work with Reporters, Anchors, Photographers, Meteorologists, and Producers to generate interactive elements and additional content for news stories.
- Identify and post engaging social media content on the station's various platforms that match overall goals for news and community outreach.
- Maintain community contacts and awareness of local and national current events.
- Constantly generate new, fresh and unique content that is up-to-the-minute and community-focused.
- Meet or exceed content quotas as determined by management.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Two years of news writing experience preferred (newspaper or web writing). Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience.
- Computer proficiency, including experience with digital publishing content management systems; photo editing, video editing, and basic HTML tags.
- Sounds news judgment and excellent writing skills (including spelling and grammar), and copy editing skills.
- Ability to have initiative, judgment, and hands-on determination to take a web story from conception to post under tight deadlines. Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with outside vendors and content providers.
- A passion for constantly generating new, fresh, and unique content that is up-to-the-minute and community-focused. Prior experience using major social media platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube is required.
- Must be available to work days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer.