Traffic Sales Specialist (WHEC-TV)
Requisition #: 21-1109 - WHEC-TV Traffic Sales Specialist
About Us: WHEC-TV, News10NBC, is committed to excellence in broadcasting in a professional and innovative work environment. As a Hubbard Rochester, NY employee, you are surrounded by opportunities for growth while working with some of the very best talent in the industry. Our mission is to inform, educate and entertain as we engage and strengthen our community and create value for all stakeholders. A welcoming hometown and a high performance workplace awaits at News10NBC.
Job Overview: This position is responsible for the daily preparation of the commercial/program log including log editing and commercial spot placement so as to maximize station revenue and minimize loss.
- Responsible for the daily preparation of the assigned station commercial/program log using prescribed software.
- On a daily basis, place and process spots into the system by maximizing commercial inventory following philosophies set forth by Station and Traffic Manager. Review and work logs placing commercials into dayparts ordered by placing displaced spots, and preempting spots on future logs in efforts to communicate to Account Executives time period purchased may not be available on time/day requested.
- Edit logs daily so they are error-free by ensuring each commercial spot placed does not have a product/order/Advertiser conflict and is airing within correct time period before finalizing and printing each day. Communicate all errors to the appropriate Account Executive or Sales Manager for corrections as needed.
- Coordinate and work with multiple station departments including Sales, Creative Services, Engineering and Accounting. Assist with switchboard coverage on assigned days and as needed.
- Report to work on time and work established schedule/hours.
- Ability to work other hours or alternate schedules as needed to provide back-up coverage for Traffic and Programming Department. Complete other duties as needed.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 1+ yrs or more of strong, accurate data entry skills (alpha and numeric) in a clerical or sales setting highly preferred. MS Windows based computer experience required.
- Previous broadcast or traffic experience helpful.
- Ability to pay close attention to details, meet tight deadlines and be dedicated to quality performance. Must be able to manage a high volume of information accurately and efficiently with minimal mistakes. Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work with a group as well as independently.
- Ability to work well under pressure and with tight deadlines.
- Analytical, critical thinking skills. Ability to solve problems by identifying issues and creating an appropriate plan based on guidelines. Ability to work in compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Physical Requirements: Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer.