Jobs & Internships
01 Dec, 2020
- Maintain extensive community contacts and awareness of local, state, and national current events.
- Collaborate with the news director to choose stories to broadcast considering audience preferences.
- Meet with the news director, reporters, and other news anchors to be briefed on the day's news. Revise scripts and prepare to deliver them on-air.
- Organize the news to present the most interesting pieces first, ensure late-breaking news is added to newscasts.
- Introduce news correspondents reporting on the scene and ask relevant questions.
- Interview guests and other members involved in particular stories engaging in the commentary.
- Keep abreast of news developments by studying papers, attending events, and staying in contact with industry professionals.
- Write for the station's website and maintain an active social media presence.
- Make daily promotional community appearances.
- Provide newsroom leadership and contribute to the overall team effort.
- Comply with the moral code of the journalistic profession.
- Complete other duties as assigned
- Bachelors in Communication, Speech or related field with 2 years' experience as a news anchor; or a combination of education and experience to meet the requirements of the position.
- Quick and effective decision making, live ad-libbing, and maintaining performance under extreme pressure.
- Highly developed public speaking and interpersonal skills along with exceptional communication skills, both oral and written.
- Professional, consistent on-air appearance, and ability to read Teleprompter.
- Advanced abilities in critical thinking.
- Broad knowledge of local, national, and international affairs (e.g. political, economic, legislative, and cultural).
- Comfortable yet professional presence on camera with the ability to improvise in a live on-camera setting.
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- Available to work on a flexible schedule.
- Ability to work under stressful conditions and strict deadlines.
- Maintain appropriate and strict standards regarding wardrobe, hair, cosmetics, and grooming.
Meteorologist/Reporter - KCNC-TV
News Anchor/MMJ - KCNC-TV
MSJ - KCNC-TV