Production Manager - WNYT
Requisition #: 23-1192 - Production Manager
Requisition Location: Albany, New York
About Us: Nestled between two beautiful mountain ranges lies the capital of New York State and the heart of the Capital Region. We are very proud of our diverse culture, our gorgeous landscape, and the world-class entertainment we enjoy every day. We are 3 short hours away from Boston or New York City -- in fact, you can take in a Broadway show or a professional sports game and get back home in time to visit one of our many craft breweries! When you join the community of the Capital Region and #TEAM13, you join a family of talented, diverse, smart, and welcoming professionals. At WNYT, we work as a team every single day. A team where collaboration is at the forefront and every opinion is valued. At NewsChannel 13, our mission is to serve the greater good of our communities and clients with local, authentic, solution-based content. We are the coverage you can trust.
Job Overview: This position is responsible for managing the daily operation of the Production Department.
- Direct and manage the day-to-day operation of the Production Department.
- Implement and accomplish goals set with and by the Chief Engineer and News Director.
- Continually evaluate, develop, implement, and communicate changes to the production workflow, systems, and procedures.
- Develop a strong Production Department staff through applicable training, evaluation, and daily contact with employees.
- Recruit, interview, and hire new employees for the Production Department team.
- Resolve departmental conflicts and work with Human Resources to administer disciplinary action when needed.
- Make recommendations on employment decisions to the Chief Engineer and General Manager.
- Schedule production staff and ensure staff resources are utilized effectively.
- Ensure necessary production supplies are in stock.
- Order supplies as needed through approved vendors and within approved guidelines.
- Provide direction and guidance for news set graphics and other production lighting.
- Train staff to meet studio lighting requirements.
- Create the Production Department budget and ensure the department operates within that budget.
- Provide input and justification for capital expenditures and other expenses.
- Understand and work to comply with the parameters of the collective bargaining agreement, where applicable.
- Minimum 3 years in live TV production experience
- Business sense with strong planning, negotiation, and management skills.
- Superior organizational skills.
- General knowledge of Microsoft Office applications Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Understanding of studio and production equipment.
- Familiarity with ENPS or similar newsroom production system
- Basic understanding of graphics editing (Adobe preferred)
- Ability to manage multiple tasks efficiently and work on deadline.
- An ability to work in a high-pressure, 24/7 news environment Solutions-based, team player
Compensation and Benefits: When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity, and other market and business considerations. TYPE OVER THIS SENTENCE AND ENTER PAY RANGE INFORMATION PER COMPANY GUIDELINES For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste into your browser: https://hubbardbroadcasting.com/our-company/working-here/
Diversity Statement: Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Union Plus offers services and discounts, including savings on wireless service, travel and more.