Requisition #: 22-1239 - Photographer/Editor
Job Overview: Shoot videos and edit news stories for newscasts on a daily basis.
- Job Responsibilities:
- Shoot steady, sequenced video with good, clean audio for news, weather, and sports for daily newscasts, specials, and station websites as well as social media under tight deadlines.
- Shoots wide, medium, and tight shots with a variety of subjects for the purpose of telling the story through pictures.
- While shooting, get clean audio.
- Gather great natural sound while in the field. All videos must be well lit.
Edit video and audio for news stories such as vos, vo/sots, and reporter packages using Adobe Premier Pro CS6 and CC under tight deadlines and in stressful situations. Stories must be completed on time.
- Editing is done in-house and remotely.
- Aspire to editing excellence to raise the level of storytelling.
- At times, may conduct interviews for broadcast.
- May also use questions supplied by producers, reporters, or news management. Work in tandem with a Reporter to "tell" a story.
- Be able to operate safely the ENG trucks.
- Have full knowledge of one-man-band in ENG trucks alone or with a reporter to turn packages and live shots for daily newscasts.
- Know the streets and highways well enough to drive quickly but safely to a news story. Be able to operate and follow GPS.
- Learn and operate effectively new technology and equipment including but not limited to Adobe Premier Pro CS6 and CC editing software, Panasonic P2 model 370, and 250 cameras.
- Communicate frequently throughout the day and works collaboratively with others in the newsroom including reporters, anchors, producers, assignment desk staff, creative services, and other photographers about the assigned story and other assignments. Check-in face to face with the Assignment Desk after returning to the station from an assignment.
- Proactively pitch in to assist others.
- Respond and work well in a crisis and during breaking news.
- Handle last-minute and unexpected changes.
- Communicate quickly and clearly to the necessary staff.
- Attend editorial and other meetings. Come prepared to meetings and interact professionally with others. Contributes story ideas on a daily basis.
- Is knowledgeable of local, national, and world events. Is aware of what is going on in the community.
- Work assigned shifts.
- Shift changes often because this position provides vacation relief coverage.
- Must be able to work days, nights, weekends, overnights, and holidays.
- Ability to work other hours or alternate schedules including when called to cover breaking news, as assigned by the Assignment managers.
- Drive company vehicle to and from stories under various driving conditions.
- Obey all traffic laws and safety rules of the road while in a company vehicle.
- Report any problems or concerns with the vehicle and traffic incidents promptly to the appropriate company representative.
- Keep the car clean and in good condition. Ensure equipment is in good working condition.
- Build working relationships with co-workers, customers, vendors, and the general public.
- Act in a professional, courteous manner when representing the station and the News Department. Look presentable and neat on the job.
- Minimum 2 years of TV news photography and editing experience preferred.
- Must be proficient with current broadcast cameras, and editing equipment.
- Has knowledge and proficiency in non-linear editing.
- Ability to work alone and with a Reporter.
- Must be reliable and able to work additional hours if needed as well as travel as required.
- Must possess a valid driver's license and a safe driving record as determined by the Company.
- Driving record will be checked. Good news judgment and a thorough understanding of daily news content.
- Ability to read, write and speak English well.
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines. NPPA workshop experience is a plus.
- Ability to learn and run ENG trucks.
- Must be able to work in areas and conditions that are often noisy, have many distractions, and in extreme weather (heat and cold).
- Must be able to listen to and respond verbally to others in English.
- Must have the manual dexterity to operate camera and editing equipment.
- Must be able to move quickly inside and outside on uneven and unfamiliar terrain. Work under tight deadlines and in pressure situations.
- Must be able to lift, carry and move with up to 50lbs in many environments including outdoors and in extreme weather conditions.
- Must be able to drive news vehicles. Able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The Company will make reasonable accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform the essential job functions.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer.