Investigative Producer - WLS-TV
• Pitch, develop, write, and produce high-quality investigative stories for all of
• Contribute to investigative editorial discussions
• Be a resource during breaking news in helping find additional pieces of information as needed
• Research and pitch stories working with the investigative unit, including our investigative producers and reporters
• Work with photographers, editors, and graphic designers to produce high-quality, visual stories
• Work with managers and ABC attorneys to ensure coverage is fair, ethical, and legally defensible
• Develop a network of sources allowing our investigative unit to break stories of significance and add context to breaking news coverage
• Minimum of five years experience in journalism
• Demonstrated ability to enterprise high impact stories and develop contacts
• An understanding of public records requests and laws
• High journalistic integrity and ethical standards
• Strong writing and storytelling skills
• Data journalism experience
• Bachelor's degree in journalism or equivalent
• This role is considered on-site, which means the employee will work from a company-designated location on an ongoing basis.
• Reporting Location – Chicago, IL
To apply, please log on to: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/ and search for Job ID:
10049139 or use the link: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/chicago/investigative-producer/391/48670376656
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: Disney Entertainment, ESPN, Disney Parks, and Experiences and Products. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters, and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of
the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business we call Disney
Media & Entertainment Distribution.
WLS Television, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories, and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.
DISABILITY ACCOMMODATION FOR EMPLOYMENT APPLICATIONS
The Walt Disney Company and its Affiliated Companies are Equal Employment
Opportunity employers and welcome all job seekers including individuals with
disabilities and veterans with disabilities. If you have a disability and believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or apply for a position, email Candidate.Accommodations@Disney.com with your request. This email address is not for general employment inquiries or correspondence. We will only respond to those requests that are related to the accessibility of the online application system due to a disability.
Union Plus offers services and discounts, including savings on wireless service, travel and more.