Jobs & Internships
Human Resource Manager - WLS-TV
23 Nov, 2021
Job ID 886566BR
Location Chicago, Illinois, United States
Business Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution
Date posted Nov. 17, 2021
Job Summary:ABC 7 Chicago is seeking a Manager, Human Resources to join the leadership team to create, build, and lead the HR strategy. The Manager, HR will play a key role in shaping the employee experience; helping business leaders reach their goals, and providing support and advice that allows employees to grow in their careers. The Manager, HR is the initial point of contact for the Stations HR, Recruitment, Development, ER, DE&I, and all HR inquiries and initiatives.
If you have proven experience as an HR Partner who thrives in a fast-paced, creative and dynamic environment, while delivering HR programs and solutions in support of both short and long-term business goals, this is the right role for you.
- Partner closely with the President and GM to drive business goals and objectives with the employee experience in mind.
- Through collaboration and relationship building this role is responsible to lead organizational effectiveness and employee engagement
- Serve as an HR expert to business leaders on all HR matters, including organizational development, leader effectiveness, organizational design, Diversity & Inclusion, learning needs/opportunities, and conflict resolution.
- Lead change management efforts around culture and process evolution
- Develop thoughtful, integrated approaches to promote diversity and inclusion in talent attraction, development, and retention
- Support and partner with department leaders to drive productivity by keeping a strong pulse on the business and staffing needs
- Continuously assess the organizational and employee strategies in order to close gaps and minimize future risks to the business.
- Develop and execute a lifecycle approach to performance management and talent development
- Manage day-to-day employee relations issues, including escalation to Employee Relations partners
- Stay abreast of all federal, state, and local employment laws and health/safety regulations
- 5 + years of progressively responsible experience as an HR Business Partner in a dynamic environment, with specific experience in strategy development, organizational design, talent management, and change management.
- Strong business acumen with a keen aptitude to quickly assimilate new information.
- Proven ability to effectively interact with all organizational levels in a multicultural environment and build strong, trusted relationships.
- Excellent consulting and conflict management skills.
- Ability to find ways to build morale, improve workplace relationships, and boost productivity and retention
- Demonstrated ability to work in and manage ambiguity – dealing with issues that do not always have a process or a system in place with the capability to help define the process.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with HR colleagues across the company to add value to the business.
- Independent work style, balancing the need for collaboration with minimal supervision.
- Proven experience in managing multiple projects with strong prioritization skills.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to balance business-partnering skills with employee advocacy.
- Solid written and verbal communication with experience drafting communications and talking points for leaders and executive summaries.
- Demonstrated passion for and knowledge in furthering diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts in organizations, corporations, or institutions.
- Experience directly partnering with leaders in an HRBP capacity.
- Experience assisting Media or Production environments.
- SAP and Workday experience.
- Project management experience.
- Experience working in a large, corporate, matrixed environment.
Required EducationBachelor’s degree from an accredited college in Human Resources, Business Administration or related field or combination equivalent work experience.https://jobs.disneycareers.com/job/chicago/manager-human-resources/391/19828672
Director of Sales - KOIN/KRCW
Creative Services Director - KOIN
Meteorologist/Reporter - KCNC-TV