Account Executive (WHEC-TV)
Requisition #: 20-1263 - Account Executive
About Us: WHEC-TV, News10NBC, is committed to excellence in broadcasting in a professional and innovative work environment. As a Hubbard Rochester, NY employee, you are surrounded by opportunities for growth while working with some of the very best talent in the industry. Our mission is to inform, educate and entertain as we engage and strengthen our community and create value for all stakeholders. A welcoming hometown and a high performance workplace awaits at News10NBC.
Job Overview: The Account Executive is responsible for selling advertising to clients and developing new business relationships by prospecting, developing and selling new direct-business accounts, making sales presentations, performing collections, maintaining client relations and sales.
- Meet and exceed monthly, quarterly, and annual budgets including spot, digital, and new direct business. Prospect new businesses on a daily and weekly basis.
- Prepare and complete sales presentations with decision makers.
- Produce presentations to include a customer needs analysis, research and supporting documentation, and creative business solutions. Follow up and close all pending business in a timely manner.
- Update Sales Manager weekly on progress of pending business. Provide exceptional customer service to direct and agency accounts.
- Attend and participate in weekly sales staff meetings, individual meetings with manager and other necessary meetings and training as required by management.
- Previous sales experience required. Advertising, digital sales, or media experience preferred.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, (or ability to learn) broadcasting and digital terminology and methodology preferred. Ability to understand the features and benefits of advertising and competitive media.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word for Windows; sales software knowledge helpful. Excellent written and oral English language communication skills.
- Experience developing presentations for the purpose of direct-business selling and ability to effectively present and communicate. Ability to respond to questions appropriately and think on feet.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships; communicate effectively with a wide range of personalities in a professional and courteous manner.
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently required.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license and a safe driving history as determined by the Company for the purpose of meeting clients and attending events. (Driving record will be checked.)
- Demonstrate effective negotiation and closing techniques.
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment, and a "positive can do attitude" are required. Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written direction.
- Ability to think critically, analytically, creatively and logically; and to articulate information in clear, concise manner to others. Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Physical Requirements: Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer.