Television Operations Technician (WHEC-TV)
Requisition #: 21-1599
Job Overview: This position is responsible for the on-air accuracy of all programming for the television station, monitoring of transmitter equipment as well as the handling of program and commercial content. This position is responsible for technical operations during live, local newscasts, and all associated on-air procedures for the television station.
- Responsible for the video recording and file-based clip management involving studio, satellite, and video-on-demand systems for both commercial and program content. Audio responsibilities include daily live newscasts, as well as news and promotional production. Master control work involves live switching and studio robotic camera operation. The Master Control operator will also verify and edit automation playlists, maintain and complete all logs, FCC compliance, and other records related to each Master Control shift.
- Ability to handle last-minute and unexpected changes in a professional, poised manner during live broadcasts. Able to communicate calmly, quickly, and clearly to all involved as needed.
- Edit and encode daily episodic promotions and Network promotions.
- Report to work on time for established schedule/hours. Hours will primarily include weekend mornings and evenings. Hours may also include overnights and holidays.
- Act in a professional, courteous manner when representing the station and the News and Engineering Departments.
- Previous broadcast technical experience or equivalent academic training is preferred, not required. Varied computer skills and a background in basic electronics are preferred.
- Must be flexible and able to deal with unexpected show changes calmly. Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment and handle multiple tasks.
- Dexterity for console operation and appropriate vision and hearing for proper monitoring is essential.
- The ability to sit for extended periods of time during live newscasts. Moderate lifting of equipment and props will be necessary on occasion.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job.
- The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer.