Studio Camera Operator/Production Assistant - WNYT
Requisition #: 23-1173 - Studio Camera Operator/Production Assistant
Requisition Location: Albany, New York
About Us: Nestled between two beautiful mountain ranges lies the capital of New York State and the heart of the Capital Region. We are very proud of our diverse culture, our gorgeous landscape, and the world-class entertainment we enjoy every day. We are 3 short hours away from Boston or New York City -- in fact, you can take in a Broadway show or a professional sports game and get back home in time to visit one of our many craft breweries! When you join the community of the Capital Region and #TEAM13, you join a family of talented, diverse, smart, and welcoming professionals. At WNYT, we work as a team every single day. A team where collaboration is at the forefront and every opinion is valued. At NewsChannel 13, our mission is to serve the greater good of our communities and clients with local, authentic, solution-based content. We are the coverage you can trust.
Job Overview: This position is responsible for all of the studio production elements including live and recorded shows. This position is also responsible for the oversight of the studio readiness and supplies and operations of control room graphics during live and recorded shows.
1. Operate robotic television cameras, teleprompter, and control room graphics equipment at a satisfactory level and with confidence during live and taped shows.
2. Responsible for the oversight of the studio and graphics readiness.
3. Understands and operates the lighting systems in all studios.
4. Responds to all cues given over headset and in person during shows. Must react quickly and efficiently to cues and other directions. Act as a critical communication link between the director and talent. Reports any concerns.
5. Takes care of all aspects of studio maintenance which includes cleaning, repair, set up, tear down, and storage of studio and related items;
routine inspection, monitoring performance, and basic troubleshooting of equipment.
6. Maintains and manages studio supplies including lamps, studio lighting, tools, including extra fixtures, cables, and control boards, and other studio supplies. Follow proper protocol for notifying other personnel when items are needed or there are problems or failures.
7. On a daily basis provides assistance to and provides input about the show. Make suggestions for improvement. Ensures the studio, personnel, and guests are ready and have up-to-date information for broadcasts.
8. Assist with training or assistance to new staff members on equipment operation and other tasks.
9. Looks for ways to expand current skills and abilities; takes initiative to learn new tasks and duties and keeps up to date with new technology.
10. Works cooperatively and collaboratively with others. Builds working relationships with co-workers, talent, producers, directors, management, and the general public. Acts in a professional manner when representing each station. Develop professional relationships with employees of other departments.
11. Acts with a positive attitude.
12. Other duties as assigned.
13. Reports to work on time and works with established schedules/hours.
Ability to read, write and speak English well.
Familiarity with television control rooms, studios, and news and non-news productions. Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
Must be flexible and able to deal with unexpected changes calmly. Follows directions well.
Basic knowledge and experience with broadcast production equipment, techniques, and language and demonstrates proficiency in the use of equipment, techniques, and language.
Available to work early mornings, late evenings, and weekends.
Must be able to work in areas and conditions that can be noisy, has many distractions, and on occasion in extreme weather conditions (heat and cold). Must also be able to work quietly during live broadcasts and tapings. Listens to and responds verbally in English to others in person and over headsets. Must have manual dexterity to operate camera and studio equipment. Must be able to move quickly at times throughout the building. Stands and sits for long periods of time. Pushes and pulls equipment on a regular basis. Work under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Must be able to lift, carry and move with up to 20 lbs. Must be able to climb a ladder while carrying up to 20 lbs. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
Compensation and Benefits: When extending an offer, the company considers a variety of factors such as (but not limited to) the candidate's work experience, education/training & key skills as well as internal peer equity, and other market and business considerations. TYPE OVER THIS SENTENCE AND ENTER PAY RANGE INFORMATION PER COMPANY GUIDELINES For information regarding our benefits, please copy the link below and paste into your browser: https://hubbardbroadcasting.com/our-company/working-here/"
Diversity Statement: Hubbard Broadcasting has been committed to representing the communities we serve since our founding nearly 100 years ago. The same holds true today. We know the best way to accomplish this is by recruiting and retaining top talent from diverse cultures, life experiences, and world views. With dignity and respect, we value YOU and everything that makes YOU uniquely YOU.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer, including disability/vets.
Union Plus offers services and discounts, including savings on wireless service, travel and more.