Operations and Facilities Manager (WHEC-TV)
Requisition #: 22-1321
Job Overview: This position manages the day-to-day operations of the technical staff and oversees the building facilities. Job Responsibilities:
- Supervises technical operations staff.
- Ensures schedules and staff resources are utilized effectively.
- Continually evaluates, develops, implements, and communicates changes to staff regarding workflow, systems, and procedures.
- Keeps procedures manual up to date.
- Identifies analyzes and troubleshoots problems or issues in operations.
- Provides viable solutions and notifies appropriate individuals if maintenance and/or repair are required.
- Develop a strong technical department staff through applicable training, evaluation, and daily contact with employees.
- Recruits, interviews and hires new employees for technical operations staff.
- Consults with the Director of Engineering and others in the management team as necessary.
- Critiques and provides feedback to each employee on performance on a regular basis. Guides staff on a daily basis.
- Completes annual performance reviews of the operations staff and addresses performance issues as needed.
- Develop and train staff to meet objectives and performance requirements.
- Collaborates with news, creative services, and sales to ensure we are meeting their needs and sharing the same goals.
- Builds working relationships with staff, co-workers, management, clients, and the general public. Acts in a professional manner when representing the station.
- Ensures necessary supplies are in stock.
- Orders supplies as needed through approved vendors and within approved guidelines.
- Implements and accomplishes goals set with and by the Director of Engineering.
- Collaborating with Director of Engineering on budgeting for facilities expenses and Capital Expenditures projects.
- Works on special building projects as assigned by the Director of Engineering.
- Overseeing the maintenance and repair to any of our three buildings.
- With systems like; HVAC, plumbing, electrical, grounds, painting, and flooring.
- Perform maintenance tasks to ensure a building is in good condition and compliant with all applicable regulations.
- Sourcing and overseeing contracts and service providers for functions such as cleaning, security, grounds, and HVAC.
- Understands and works to comply with parameters of the collective bargaining agreement.
- Reports to work on time and works established schedule/hours.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
- Strong management, supervision, and/or teambuilding skills or related experience preferred.
- 4-year college degree or equivalent experience preferred. Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Strong problem-solving skills.
- Solid organizational and time management skills.
- Strong ability to meet deadlines and work well in a busy environment and in pressure situations. Strong knowledge and experience with broadcast operations equipment, techniques, and language.
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships with a variety of individuals.
- Self-starter who also takes direction well.
- Must be able to work nights, weekends, and holidays, as needed.
- Must be reliable and able to work additional hours if needed as well as travel as required.
- Must have a valid driver's license and safe driving history as determined by the Company.
- Driving record will be checked.
Must be able to work in extreme weather conditions. Must be able to lift and move 50 lbs. up a flight of stairs and climb ladders. Requires the ability to think critically and tactically and to articulate information in a clear, concise manner to others. Must be able to think quickly and creatively. Ability to communicate in English both verbally and in writing. Ability to hear clearly. Dexterity to manipulate computer keys and other controls in the production studio as well as other office equipment. Work under tight deadlines and in pressure situations. Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer.