Multi-Platform Programming Producer (WLS-TV)
The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and a “natural” at crafting diverse and compelling stories. The ideal candidate will also possess the following skills:
- Adept at researching and finding positive community stories, feature stories, and “shareable” content
- Must be a strong, creative, and versatile writer who can really bring stories to life
- Must be a master organizer, planner and be able to handle the logistics of live broadcasts and events, multiple ongoing projects, and crews.
- Must be able to organize a variety of editorial ideas and formulate/oversee both long and short-form content.
- Producing both short-form and long-form video content, half-hour programs, live programming specials, and social video content as needed.
- Must be an idea generator, problem-solver, and be willing to collaborate and work with a large creative team.
- Minimum of 2-3 years producing, writing, editing, and shooting original video content for a tv station or similar professional environment.
- In addition, the candidate must be proficient in a live control room environment.
- Strong knowledge of digital platforms, social media, and experience with Adobe Premiere is preferred.
- 2+ years of line producing/supervising live broadcasts is a plus.
Additional Information: To apply, please log on to: https://jobs.disneycareers.com/ and search for Job ID: 931592BR or use the link:
No phone calls, please.
About Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution: Comprised of the Company’s international business units and various direct-to-consumer streaming services, Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution (DMED) aligns technology, media distribution, and advertising sales into a single business segment to create and deliver personalized entertainment experiences to consumers around the world.
About The Walt Disney Company: The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products, and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters, and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with WLS Television, Inc., which is part of a business segment we call Disney Media & Entertainment Distribution. WLS Television, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories, and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.