Broadcast Engineer, Ops - ABC News (Freelance)
- Maintain and operate all remote production ENG equipment:
- Field Control Room Systems
- Camera Control Systems
- Robotic cameras
- Field audio and video
- IT audio, video, and communications
- Encoder/decoder transmission equipment
- Operate ENG/SNG Satellite truck
- Assist in system design, purchasing, vetting new technology, construction, and commissioning of new technologies in the field
- Familiarity working with hardware and broadcast systems that are commonly used across the broadcast television industry including Haivision encoding/decoding, Clearcom LQ systems, Pepwave, Free speak, VisLink, and other RF centric hardware and software equipment
- Ability to troubleshoot and resolve issues with broadcast/multimedia systems and computers in our production environments
- Ability to work various shifts and weekends
- 5 years of experience in TV Engineering with an emphasis on field broadcast work
- A background in broadcast IT or IT experience is preferred
- Strong communication skills in verbal and written form in to work with all network staff in a team environment
- Exceptional collaboration and problem-solving skills
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and have the ability to lift 50 lbs
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- Expert-level knowledge necessary to perform maintenance, installation, and occasional board and/or component level repair of broadcast and IT equipment
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently
- Process-oriented and able to apply structure to complex problems
Required EducationBachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
Preferred EducationBachelor’s degree with an emphasis in Engineering or IT plus relevant work experience
About General Entertainment Content:
The General Entertainment Content group creates original entertainment and news content for the Company’s streaming platforms and its cable and broadcast networks.
About The Walt Disney Company:
The Walt Disney Company, together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading diversified international family entertainment and media enterprise with the following business segments: media networks, parks and resorts, studio entertainment, consumer products, and interactive media. From humble beginnings as a cartoon studio in the 1920s to its preeminent name in the entertainment industry today, Disney proudly continues its legacy of creating world-class stories and experiences for every member of the family. Disney’s stories, characters, and experiences reach consumers and guests from every corner of the globe. With operations in more than 40 countries, our employees and cast members work together to create entertainment experiences that are both universally and locally cherished.
This position is with American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., which is part of a business we call General Entertainment Content.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status. Disney fosters a business culture where ideas and decisions from all people help us grow, innovate, create the best stories, and be relevant in a rapidly changing world.