Account Executive (WHEC-TV)
Requisition #: 21-1503 - Account Executive
Job Overview: The Account Executive is responsible for selling advertising to clients and developing new business relationships by prospecting, developing, and selling new direct-business accounts, making sales presentations, performing collections, maintaining client relations and sales.
- Meet and exceed monthly quarterly, and annual budgets including spot, digital, and new direct business. Prospect new businesses on a daily and weekly basis.
- Prepare and complete sales presentations with decision-makers.
- Produce presentations to include a customer needs analysis, research and supporting documentation, and creative business solutions. Follow up and close all pending business in a timely manner.
- Update Sales Manager weekly on the progress of pending business. Provide exceptional customer service to direct and agency accounts.
- Attend and participate in weekly sales staff meetings, individual meetings with the manager, and other necessary meetings and training as required by management.
- Previous sales experience required. Advertising, digital sales, or media experience preferred.
- Knowledge of, and familiarity with, (or ability to learn) broadcasting and digital terminology and methodology preferred. Ability to understand the features and benefits of advertising and competitive media.
- Familiarity with Microsoft Word for Windows; sales software knowledge helpful. Excellent written and oral English language communication skills.
- Experience developing presentations for the purpose of direct-business selling and the ability to effectively present and communicate.
- Ability to respond to questions appropriately and think on feet.
- Establish and maintain customer relationships; communicate effectively with a wide range of personalities in a professional and courteous manner.
- High level of initiative and ability to work independently required.
- Must have reliable transportation, a valid driver's license, and safe driving history as determined by the Company for the purpose of meeting clients and attending events. (Driving record will be checked.)
- Demonstrate effective negotiation and closing techniques.
- Strong analytical skills, good judgment, and a "positive can-do attitude" are required. Ability to read, hear and speak clearly and follow both oral and written directions.
- Ability to think critically, analytically, creatively, and logically; and to articulate information in a clear, concise manner to others. Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends.
- Must be able to perform the essential functions of the job. The Company will make reasonable physical accommodations to facilitate the ability to perform essential job functions.
EEO Statement: We are an equal opportunity employer.